海上钢琴师剧本详解(3A)

音乐
小马故事会
2017年02月07日 00:30


-1900: Good man. Good evening, Captain care for a ride?

care: 介意,中意 ride: 乘坐

不错!晚上好,船长!您要不要试一下?

-Max: Tell me again how big the fucking window was.

再说一遍那窗子他妈的有多大?

-1900: It was a big fucking window. Were going to be shoveling coal on this ship till eternity

shovel: 用铲铲起 eternity: 永远

那窗子可真他妈大。我们会在这永远的铲下去。

-Max: No shit

操!

-1900: Least you know what youll be doing when you grow up. Conn. Youre from New Orleans, right?

至少要等你知道长大了该干什么。康恩,你是不是新奥尔良人?

-Max: Howd you know that?

你怎么知道?

-1900: I love that town

我喜欢那个地方。

-Max: Really? I havent been there in a while?

In a while: 一段时间

真的吗?我有一段时间没回去了。

-1900: In winter, its beautiful. And in March you can always count on one afternoon

count on: 指望,期待

冬天的时候,漂亮极了。三月份你总能碰到那样的午后。

when you least expect it, the fog slides in a milky barrier, hangs just below the street lamps.

fog: 雾 slide: 滑落 milky: 乳白的 hang: 悬挂 barrier: 栅栏,路障 lamp: 街灯

至少可以想像一下,浓雾滑入,就像白色的栅栏漂浮在街灯下。

It cuts everything off Iike a white blade. And its magic. Houses lose their top floors, trees lose their branches.

cut off: 使分离,使隔绝 blade: 刀片 magic: 神奇的 branch: 树枝

淹没了万物,就像白色的刀,太神奇了。看不见房顶,看不见树枝,

St. Louis Cathedral loses its spires. People passing by, they lose their heads.

看不见圣路易斯教堂的尖塔,人们擦肩而过却互不相见。

So from the neck up everything disappears. All you can see in Jackson Square is decapitated bodies

neck: 脖子 disappear: 消失 decapitate: 斩首

脖子以上都消失了。你能在杰克森广场上碰到人们像无头苍蝇

stumbling around bumping into each other saying. Hows your mama and them?

stumble: 踉跄 bump into: 撞到…上

一样到处乱闯,撞到谁就问“你家人呢”。

-Max: Thats it, too bad, it doesnt last long. How do you know all these things?

last: 持续,维持

就是那样,太糟了,不过不会很久。你怎么知道这些?

You know, ever since I came on board. I have been hearing a lot of talk about a guy.

在我上船之前,我听说有这么一个人,

Hes supposed to have been born on this ship and never been off it since.

be supposed to: 据说

他好像在船上出生,而且从来没下过船。

Crazy story. Twenty years without ever setting foot on land?

不可思议!20年从来没踏上陆地。

-1900: Twenty seven

27年。

-Max: They say this guy makes music thats never been heard before.

听说这家伙做的音乐前无古人。

-1900: Ive heard of him too.

我也听说过。

-Max: First off I thought you were the guy. But then something didnt add up.

add up: [口语]合乎情理

刚开始我以为你就是,但是经过这些事后,

I figured, if hes Nineteen Hundred how could he know New Orleans so well?

figure: 料想

我想如果这位就是1900,他怎么会熟知新奥尔良呢。

Because youve been to New Orleans

因为你去过那。

-1900: If I told you Id never set foot in that town. would you believe me?

如果我告诉你我从没去过,你信吗?

-Max: Whoever you are, Max Tooney. Gald to meet you.

管你是谁,Max Tooney。很高兴认识你。

-Foreman: How we doing? Were supposed to blow it up, not wait for it to be eaten by the fishes

blow up: 炸毁

知道要干什么吗?我们要拆了这东西,不要让鱼先把它给吃了。

-Max: Youre not going to blow up a goddamn thing because my best friend is on this ship.

goddamn: (受)诅咒的,讨厌的

你们不能拆了它。我最好的朋友还在船上,

Youll all be responsible for murder

be responsible for: 对…负责任 murder: 谋杀

你们要承担谋杀的罪行。

-Manager: Get him out of here! Do whatever you want, but get him off my case.

让他滚出去,把他给我赶出去。

-Max: Im not making this up and Im not crazy If I tell you theres a man aboard the Virginian.

make up: 捏造 aboard: 在…上

我不是来捣乱的,我也没疯。如果我告诉你,有人在维吉尼亚号上,

Jesus Christ, it means theres a man aboard the Virginian

我对天发誓,确实还有人在船上。

-Manager: We cleaned that scuttle from stem to stern. Not even doorknobs were left.

scuttle: [造船]舱口;舷窗 stem:船首 stern: 船尾 doorknob: 门把

我们把船上上下下清了个遍,连门把手都没留下,

Only dynamite. Dynamite. How can you be so sure thats a man on board?

dynamite: 炸药 on board: 在船上

只留下了炸药,炸药。你怎么确信有人在船上,

If youve any proof, out with it. Because Im the horses arse who has to throw that switch.

proof: 证据 arse: 屁股 switch: 开关

如果你有证据拿出来。因为我就是那个按下爆破按钮的人。

中国娱乐在线©部分网站内容来自网络,如有侵权请联系我们,立即删除!
音乐
你该读读这些:一周精选导览
更多内容...

TOP

More